Sunday, October 14, 2007

Baptism + Sunday Service


Today was amazing! I had the amazing opportunity to be baptized this afternoon--by my dad. It was so amazing! I was one of eight people who was baptized at our church's first baptism service. Since we meet at my high school, there is no baptistry there. So, we went to the house of a family from our church who had a pool. About 75 people attended to see this amazing event! Not only was there a good turnout, but there were also several unsaved people who were able to hear the testimonies of several of us.

As far as our regular service it went well. It was crammed pack. This week was our communion and we also heard from missionary, Cindy McFarland who currently serves in Togo, West Africa. In addition, we had our ministry fair. We were having people sign-up for various ministries. It turned out that many people signed up to get "plugged in" to our church! So that is extremely exciting.

I have seen so many amazing things happen at this church. I think the coolest thing was the baptism. I have really seen our church body come more and more close together. I am leaving in just a couple minutes to attend our youth group's Bible Study. Things at Northwest are getting more and more exciting! Please continue to pray for us as we grow and face new challenges!

Todays attendance: 129 people total.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home